Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2021

Week Two Begins!!!

The ceremony at sailing! The raising of the Windstar flag

Today is turnaround day in Papeete. I didn’t do a whole lot today but finished moving all my stuff to my new cabin, got everything put away so I’m ready for the week.

Overnight, it looks like they worked all night to really put up their awesome Christmas decorations around the ship.

One of bands—they learned a Tom Petty song for me and played it today!!!
The Ferry Terminal

The waterfront and city.


I woke up about 7:30 AM. And hung around in my cabin until about 10 AM. Then I went up to my favorite little café in the forward area of the ship and got my coffee and these little delicious egg salad sandwiches. After a few cups of coffee I had an oatmeal raisin cookie. They bake cookies every single day on the ship and there are usually four varieties. The oatmeal raisin are my favorite.

I decided to get off the ship and walk around downtown Papeete. I was glad I remembered to bring along some water because it was hot and humid out there. The downtown area is very urban, lots of traffic. But one thing they do know how to do here is crosswalks. And everyone obeys them! After walking along the waterfront for a little across the street and walk down some side streets just to look in the shops. Of course, there are tons of Pearl stores everywhere but I went into a little store selling all sorts of women’s dresses. I ended up paying far too much for a little cotton sundress but it’s very adorable.

Lunch was very uneventful. Good food but I was really just thirsty more than anything. I swear I drink at least a gallon of water here every day.

Dinner was a huge surprise. I have always asked for a table with others so tonight I was assigned to a large table of six and met the most phenomenal people. The woman to my left and I immediately hit it off and we’ve been talking like we’re old friends. We’ve (Karen and her husband) decided to have dinner tomorrow and include our new friend John. John is a very interesting person first of all, he only has one arm but he has traveled all over the world. I haven’t heard all of his stories because Karen  and I were chatting up a storm but we went to the club after dinner and met up again . We listened to the band and we danced a little and we had a few drinks and now I’m back in the cabin.

I hesitate to write about this but it does appear that I’ve picked up a creepy stalker. I had met a man at a group table last week and he was nice enough to talk to and we ended up listening to the band at the night club and talking some more. When it was time for me to go back to my cabin as I was tired and it was quite late, he sort of grabbed me and kissed me and I was not willing. It was sort of gaggy.It freaked me out and I’ve been avoiding him for the last few days of the cruise previously.  He found out my cabin number and knocked one day and said since he knew “where I lived”, he wanted to let me know his cabin number. And wouldn’t you know he signed a board for the second week as well. And the creepiest thing of all, when he booked the new week, he booked the cabin next to mine- and the way these ships are set up, there is a doorway and then 2 adjacent doors. I hadn’t told him I wouldn’t be in that room—it was booked so I had to move down a few cabins. Thank God.  

 I told my new friends about him and they made sure that they got me safely back to my cabin and thankfully he didn’t follow me. I hope he’s finally got the hint, but usually those types never do.  

So, sending some protective vibes my way would be appreciated!!!!  

jilly



1 comment:

  1. Well stay away from the stalker. You cant be nice to some people. What does he think it's the Love Boat. Lol. Well have a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy and send many pics of the Christmas festivities. I have always wanted to cruise over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete