Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2021

Ta’aha Private island- December 26



Today was the day we visited WindStar’s private motu !! A Motu is actually just a small island.

The crew worked overnight to transport everything we could need for a day on a tropical island. They also prepared lunch and like any other meal here it was a feast.

The first tenders were scheduled to go to the island about 10 AM. These were not the lifeboats we normally use for tender but we’re zodiac boats. So we all had to wear lifejackets.

Once we got there we found lounge chairs set up all around the perimeter of the island and they brought all the water sports toys over there as well. It was nice to have the stand up paddle boards and the Kayaks available. The water was very shallow near the shore and Unbelievably clear.




And I did lounge in a lounge chair for a couple of hours until it was time for lunch. There was such a variety of foods and the hamburgers and hotdogs and fish were grilled over real flames. Of course there were at least 10 different salads plenty of vegetables and fresh fruit and desserts and of course lots of rum punch.

After lunch, I donned my snorkeling gear and waded out into the beautiful water. There were many small areas of coral with lots of fish swimming around them.

After about an hour, I got out and made my way over to the other side of the island and found an unoccupied lounge chair and sat and sat and read my book. Oh, I forgot to mention you had to be careful where you put your lounge chair because not all the coconut trees have nets under them and you could very likely get struck in the head or somewhere else with a coconut so you need to look up!

About 2 PM I decided to head back to the ship get showered and cleaned up. The little zodiac brought us back in style.

I did a whole Lotta nothing until it was time for dinner. Of course dinner was lovely and I was seated with two very friendly women. Great conversation great food and great wine made for a great evening!

After dinner, I went up to the star compass lounge and drink even more wine and then because what the hell, I apparently did quite a bit of dancing. I seriously hope no one got a video of that LOL

One of my many favorite bartenders!

I also wanted to give you an update on my stalker situation! Karen and I decided to go to a show in the lounge. We were sitting there chatting waiting for the show to start and who starts down the row where we were sitting and settles about three seats away from me. Dear God. I thought I was rid of him. The next thing I know, he has moved to the seat right next to me and sat on my phone my key card everything I had laying there Before I could even say a word, Karen leans across me and says “You need to move over there (pointing across the room), Jill doesn’t want to sit with you.”  And off he went!  I pray he finally gets it!  And many thanks to Karen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment