Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2021

A Day Off!




I woke up this morning unfortunately feeling a bit queasy again. I took my medication and went back to sleep for a little bit. The snorkeling excursion I was supposed to take- we were warned that the current was very very fast and honestly my body said no! LOL And I did do this tour previously. 

So, I decided to make do with a day on the ship there were so many places I had Not seen before. Unfortunately or fortunately this cruise is very port intensive and we had no Sea days.  

There are so many places to eat here and I still haven’t visited them all.

I did dine this evening at the Amphora restaurant which is the main restaurant. I had asked to be seated with others and so I was. It was a lovely little table for four and we had really nice discussions and conversations over dinner. I had the Seabass and then because I wanted to try lamb and I’ve never eaten it before, the waiter brought me a plate of lamb to share with a table. I forgot to take pictures of the entrée but I had a wonderful starter and soup, great wine that they paired with my sea bream.  BTW, I actually enjoyed the lamb it was so good and it didn’t taste gamy it was perfectly cooked and I think I’ll order it again sometime!

Sweet potato and peanut soup!

Goat cheese tart!

I also discovered this place in the most forward area of the ship. It’s behind the star grill but it’s a beautiful room with a barista in there.  There’s a computer area, a couple of televisions, lots of tables and lots of windows all around.   They serve light snacks for breakfast and lunch and it’s just a beautiful setting.  







I visited the ships shops and looked around for a few things. I did find something cute that I bought for a special someone lol but it’s very very high-end- you know purses $250 each.  There’s a very cute rash guard in there that I really want and since I had a ton of onboard credit I’m gonna buy it for myself. I deserve it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment