Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2021

Merry Christmas from Raiatea!



My apologies for not being timely and updating the blog for the past few days. I have been having so much fun. I am in the water. I’m eating this fabulous food. I’m dancing, drinking, perhaps a tad more than normal, but mostly after all day of being busy I fall into my bed without writing a word.

Christmas day, we were docked in Raiatea. Nothing was open because they celebrate Christmas here. So the day was a ship day for me. Excursions were operating but I chose not to do one. What I did mostly was lay on a deck chair and read. I had lunch at the Star Grill and was just finishing up when my stalker plopped his ass down across from me.  Sigh.  I’ve been quite successful in avoiding him and thought he had lost interest. Apparently not. I simply put on my mask said enjoy your lunch and walked away.

Shortly after that, I got a text message from my daughter wanting to know if we could FaceTime. Of course we could I was so excited. So she opened her Christmas presents from me while we were on the phone and then I took her on a tour around the ship and we ended up talking for over two hours. It was wonderful. 

Before I knew it, it was time to get ready for dinner. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to update my shower/bath tub when I get home because this one is spoiling me to death.

I had dinner with the same people as the other night. We had a great time and the menu was exquisite. For my starter, I had the Parma ham with baked ricotta flan. It was one of the best things I’ve ever eaten! 


This was followed by a roasted butternut squash soup also delicious. 

The main course was poached lobster tail with risotto and asparagus. OMG.  Of course, no picture- but I assure you it was delicious!

And just when you think they couldn’t top this dinner with a dessert equal in taste, they did. Three words Dash hot ginger bread soufflé! With salted caramel sauce!


All of this was accompanied by many glasses of great wine.



We finished dinner by about 9 PM. There was Christmas caroling in the main theater. And I had every intention of attending. I went back to my cabin to change and freshen up and decided to turn on the TV for a few minutes until I had to leave. Uh-huh. We all know where this is going. I woke up at midnight with a crick in my neck and a little pissed at myself for missing the show. But, c’est la vie!

The ship was sailing to our next destination and rocking me to sleep as we sailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment