Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

BoraBora Day 1. December 28



This is the Aranui tender- looks like it’s ready to storm a beach!!!



This is Aranui - part cargo ships, part cruise ship.  Surprisingly, it’s very expensive for some fairly standard cabins .  I looked into this, some years ago and the only cabin I could afford was a dormitory room with a shared bathroom. Nothank you!

Once again, I slept in until about 9 AM. I spent time catching up the blog then headed up for a late breakfast in my favorite spot!

After several cups of coffee and a cappuccino, I returned to my cabin to get on my swimsuit and headed to the water sports platform. I jumped in the water and the current was much stronger than it was in Moorea. But I was still able to swim all around the back of the ship.








My dancing from the night before must’ve been pretty “fantastic” because one of the guys said something to me and he said man I was drunk too and we were having a really good time LOL

I think the water sports platform is a great addition to a ship. They have a lot of safety measures in place and if you feel the need lifejackets are available too. Oh and they also have noodles lol. They have several different people watching over you while you’re out in the water. That includes two people on the platform itself and a person one deck above that watches everyone in the water. I felt really safe and confident in my swimming and it was amazing to know that you’re swimming in like 100 feet of water.


I had a nice lunch in the star Grill and then made my way down to a deck chair in the shade. It was quite hot and humid even out on the water.




Dinner tonight was the deck barbecue and once again they outdid themselves with food so much delicious food. I did not take any pictures because the menu was much the same as it was last week.

I sat with my new friends Karen and Mark and met another fun couple but I can’t remember their names of course. After the dinner was over the band was playing and the crew performed some line dances for us it was a great time.




When they were finished the dance floor opened up for anyone and we did some dancing and it was amazingly hot at eight or 9 o’clock in the evening. We were all drenched with sweat but it was so much fun.




We walked up to the front of the ship, and it was darker there and we could see the stars a lot better. We are told that when the ship sails all the lights on the front of the ship are out and you can probably see 1 million more stars. So we said we’re going to come up to this deck while we’re sailing which would be tomorrow night I can’t wait!


All in all it was a great Day to be alive. As I’ve said before, I’m having so much fun on this cruise I’m so glad I came. 

Sorry the post is a bit out of order—it’s too hard to fix on my phone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment