Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2021

Merry Christmas Eve From Moorea!






​I woke up refreshed and headed to my nail appointment at 9 AM. My nails were desperately in need of repair!



After some coffee and a late breakfast, I headed out to the water sports platform on the aft of the ship. It was amazing – pretty much like everything else has been for the past 10 days or so. We are anchored in about 90 feet of water and it is so blue and so beautiful. I just swam around looking at everything trying to make memories of how beautiful this island is. 




I didn’t take my iPhone down to the sports platform this morning or I could’ve taken pictures from the back of the ship but I’ll try to remember to do that next time.

I pretty much decided that this cruise is going to be more about the ship then going into all the ports. I’m hoping at the next tender port, that they will have the tubing things set up so you can you know be towed by the ski boat. If they do that I’ll be sure to take my water camera!

After that I headed up to the pool deck where I FaceTime to with my BFF Linda and heard it was 47° in Pennsylvania. Yuck! I warmed up by having a few of these strawberry Gin, mint smoothie drinks!!!. OMG so delicious!

Then I headed up to deck seven to the star grill where they have the barbecues. I had a pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw. Very delicious! I’ve eaten there a few times one time, they had these delicious barbecue ribs. I’ve seen beautiful looking hamburgers and cheeseburgers up there as well. 



This is just one example of the service aboard the ship: I was eating my pork sandwich and thinking I could eat some potato chips with this. So I said to one of the waiters do you have potato chips a board well they did not have any up where I was at they were only available when you ordered room service. Of course three people immediately were falling all over me insisting they could go down to the kitchen and get the chips and bring them up and serve them to me and I was like no that’s not necessary. But everyone here just seems so generally happy and so willing to do anything to make your life better on this ship. I’m pretty sure I am ruined forever for all other cruise lines.

Because it’s Christmas Eve, they have a lovely show planned for 9:30 PM in the large lounge large- meaning it holds 300 people. If I didn’t mention this previously, there are 170 people aboard for this cruise.  And I have dinner in candles tonight on the deck with my new friends while we are selling towards Raitaia. 

Always fresh baked cookies!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment