Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Just when you think things could not get better…..


I ordered room service this morning. I wasn’t up for paying another $35.60 for breakfast.  Just a pot of coffee and a bagel. I ate it on my patio and just enjoyed the scenery!



These little jars of jelly made me think of my Dad.🥲 He just loved all the flavored jellies.
This was the softest grass I ever walked on!!


Soon enough it was time to head out to the ferry for the next stop on this adventure. 
 
I called for baggage pick-up and when I opened the door I about died of shock.  Standing before me was a most incredible male specimen.  I was so gobsmacked I didn’t take a picture and I could smack myself. The guy was gorgeous and muscular and covered in native tattoos.  I can say covered with certainty because he was wearing a red native print piece of cloth low on his hips and fitted between his legs and left little to the imagination.  Oh Dear God! He hoicked my bags into his golf cart like they were feathers. And I still stood there gaping at him.  He smiled and said I will meet you in the lobby.   I closed my mouth, turned toward the hallway and promptly fell over my feet.  

The next part of my journey was not so memorable-thankfully.  I don’t think my heart could take it.  LOL
I arrived at the ferry terminal and had my bag loaded onto a large bin and made my way up the steps (3 flights). With a backpack and small carry-on bag and thought I was gonna die.  (Note to self: start working out a LOT more)

There was an open air waiting area and I settled in for about 40 minutes until the ferry boarded. 
The ferry restaurant all decorated for Christmas!!!
The ferry ride takes about 30 minutes, traveling across the Sea of Moon.  I just love that name!!



I found a taxi easily and was on my way to the Hilton.  Check-in was a breeze and the woman at the counter thanked me for being a Gold Member.  Being Gold entitled me to a Free Breakfast and free Wi-Fi!   But the best part- she upgraded me to an Over Water bungalow!!!!!  This day just keeps getting better.  I climbed aboard my chariot (golf cart) and rode majestically to my room.   OMG.  

Once inside, I had to go out in my deck to see “that water”.  



I think that may be an eel. Blah.  But lots of little fishies!  This is why I am here!!!

The room is so amazing too

That’s a glass floor below the coffee table so I can see the fishies from the couch!!?








Oh and a free mini bar for being gold!!!!
Here are the steps leading down to the water.  It doesn’t look really deep but it was over my head.


Oh and guess who locked herself out of her room and was stuck on the deck?  Yep!  They didn’t mention the sliding glass door locks if you shut it the entire way.  Thankfully, an American couple were on their deck in the next bungalow.  So, I call over to them saying: “hello people on the deck” and then tell them what happened and ask if they will call the front desk and ask them to send someone over.  Oh yeah—this is me!  
In my defense, there are no screens and you know, bugs. 

After that little situation I needed a drink! 

I did spend some time in “that water”, snorkeling around aaaaand my underwater camera went dead after 2 pictures.   Oh well, there’s always tomorrow!

I had an early dinner and a couple more drinks at happy hour. Again, you need those in order to drink affordably. 

I’m back in the room now after walking around the resort and thinking a cold beverage on the deck before bed is a good idea!

Sweet Dreams from an immensely grateful Gypsy!






2 comments:

  1. So jealous, bungalow on water! Looks amazing enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. So beautiful. Not sure I would ever leave that room. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete