Search This Blog

Friday, September 4, 2015

Buddy Holly

Three weeks from today, I begin my journey to Tahiti!!!!!
I will hopefully have survived my experience on the Buddy Holly plane.
(Otherwise known as a DH8)  The flight from Harrisburg to Philly is only 49 minutes---49 minutes I will spend white-knuckled and praying to God, Buddha, Allah... whoever may be listening.
For your viewing pleasure, below is a picture of the "airplane".   Any type of  aircraft that makes that eheheheehhhhhhheeehhhhh noise instead of WHOOSH like a jet, is a Buddy Holly plane in my book.
   Look at those little propeller things, do they have to spin them manually to get the damn thing started?   Jesus Jenny, this is going to be a 3-4 Ativan start to my day since, I'm sure the bar at the lovely Harrisburg International Airport will not be open early in the morning.
And of course, my friends at SeatGuru tell me, EVERYTHING larger than a small purse needs to be gate checked and put into the belly of the plane as we walk across the TARMAC to board. Great--I want my electronics, laptop etc in the freezing cold or ungodly hot part of the airplane. Well, maybe it will be OK as these planes appear to fly low enough to barely clear the tree lines.
Ahh, but enough about that, I'm going to Tahiti!!!!!!!!!!!  I just have to remember to keep my eye on the prize here! And of course, make sure my Ativan stay in my pocket.

I will leave you with this:

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” 
― Julian of Norwich

2 comments:

  1. I'd skip the ativan for the first leg. 49 minutes will be over before you know it. Let me know if you still need someone to take you to the airport. Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how much I dread being on that little effing plane. I'm OK with the rest of the flights--a lot better than I used to be. I can actually fly drug free!! I'll let you know soon. Thanks for the offer. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete