Search This Blog

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Pre-Trip Packing

I decided to do a pre-trip pack to see how realistic my packing list is. And we are a GO! Everything I plan on taking, fits perfectly into one of three items.

1. My bangin' new suitcase!!!! I certainly hope no one else has one like it! I bought it for myself in January as a birthday present It's a hard side, but very light weight. And the best thing, it opens in the middle and each side has a zippered covering.  This will contain a snorkel mask, snorkel and flippers as well as all my 'dressier' clothes for dinners on the ship and some shorts and t-shirts. Most of my toiletries, sunscreen etc... and also, 2 bathing suits, 2 pairs of shoes, flip flops and 'foundation garments' !!!
2. This little beauty will be my large purse-like carry-on. Surprisingly, this held the following:
Comfy clothes to change to at LAX for overnight flight, 2 pairs of shorts, 4 t-shirts, 1 nice outfit, 1 bathing suit, 1 pair of jeans, 2 changes of underwear, a pair of socks, a small cross body purse, my self-inflating travel cushion and pillow, a pashmina (in case I am ever cold), medications and a few other things I can't think of.

This is my "in case they lose my big suitcase' contingency plan!


3. The final item is a backpack--sorry no picture.. you will have to imagine. I will tell you, it's purple. Surprise huh?
Just a regular backpack and it will be storing all my electronic paraphernalia; a charger, my new Camera!!, 2 Kindles (original for outside reading, Fire for inside or movies), a phone, a laptop (So I can keep my many followers (HA) up to date on my adventures) and a bunch of 'cordage' for the various items.

So there you have it. Packing plan approved and ready for implementation!
God I love organization!   (I won't tell you about my 8 tab Excel document I created for this trip. Ok I will, It has an itinerary along with plans made for each day, costs associated with each item, a list of restaurants on Moorea, my flight information, Maps of the various islands downloaded, THE packing list, a list of to-do-s before I leave and a list of various places I want to visit while on Moorea)

Another sign of my anal retentiveness is the large rubber-banded pile of envelopes that will also accompany me on my trip. I take a letter sized envelope for each set of papers or information I will need during my trip. I label and seal them and then put them in the order I will use them.  If you want a visual of this, let me know. I'll be filling envelopes in the next few weeks!!!

Can you tell I'm excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment