Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Cleaning......mentally, physically, spiritually

I was dreading doing this... I kept putting it off until that was no longer an option. I am cleaning out a bedroom upstairs before I start painting and rather than feeling "Ugh, I hate cleaning", I found I was feeling lighter as I filled each trash bag. Clutter is not a good thing in any room or in any mind.

And speaking of minds, I've been doing a lot of Mental & Spiritual De-cluttering--I've been trying to clear my mind of negative thoughts and keep repeating a sort of mantra: "This is just a small chapter in your life. Make the best of it and move on." Each time I tell myself that, I feel a little bit better and a little bit stronger.

That's not to say, I've not indulged in a bit of wallowing. I have. I think I am entitled. But I am certainly not dwelling in that unhappy state. I am making a plan and moving forward. And I remind myself at least once a day of all that I have to be thankful for. And the list is very long and for that I am so grateful.

And finally, People. That De-cluttering is taking care of itself. It's sort of surprising to me the number of people that act as though I am now dead. People I truly believed cared for me but who have not contacted me in a month. Friends and Family Members both. It is hurtful, but only makes me love the friends and family that remain there for me even more.

That is all I'm going to say about recent life events.




No comments:

Post a Comment