Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

More Excitement!!!!

I got my new camera today! I am so excited to try it out. It's a Canon PowerShot D30. It's waterproof, shockproof etc etc BUT best of all, you can use it underwater to a depth of 82 feet.

I plan on going to my sister's pool very soon and testing it out! Plus, I want to make sure my snorkel equipment is still is good working order.

Isn't it cute?

It fits nicely in my hand and isn't too heavy. Plus it seems really easy to use. (Not a lot of buttons for me to choose from)

It came with a bunch of accessories--several of which I have no clue what to do with. Also with a giant memory card--which will be great as I plan on taking some underwater movies.

I've debated with myself about whether or not to get a snorkel vest as I am a decent swimmer, but I've decided to get one. That way, I can float and concentrate on getting some nice pictures and deflate it when I want to go further under the water. I hate that they are so dorky looking, but I'll suffer to get some great pictures.

I may also look into take some fins. From what I've read about the tours, most of them don't offer them. Still thinking though--only limited space in the luggage for a 22 day trip.  One suitcase (weighing less than 50 pounds), one shoulder bag and a backpack. For the cruise, I will need 'dinner' clothes as I enjoy eating in the dining room. I know I will be using the ship's laundry services at least twice and doing some hand-washing in the sink.

I can now say, in less than one month, I will be leaving!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a trip of a lifetime! I can not wait to see the pics you will take!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been in the planning stages for almost 3 years. It's amazing that it's almost here. I plan on taking tons of pictures. I hope you will continue to follow along!

      Delete