Search This Blog

Friday, April 21, 2017

Mallorcas at Mallorcas in Puerto Rico

We docked in Puerto Rico at 7am this morning. We made our way off the ship about 9am and walked through a cavernous warehouse type of building and outside into the warm sunshine-y day.  We were looking for the free trolley stop. After about 1/4 of a mile or so, we found it. We waited about 10 minutes or so until one came. We climbed aboard with many others and it was very crowded and very hot. It sort of reminded me of the buses in Italy--no concept of load capacity. The trolley made its way very, very slowly through the narrow. cobblestone streets of the Olde Towne. We passed a large fort before making our way back into the city.

Several of us finally figured out how to open a few of the windows as we were all dripping sweat. After a few more stops we decided to get off the trolley and walk. Anything would be better than being inside this bus 1 more minute.

As soon as we got off the trolley, what did I see directly across the street? Mallorca's - the tiny restaurant we were looking for! We went inside and sat at the counter. We all ordered the famous Mallorca's with ham and cheese. I also got coffee and Kolton got fresh lemon/lime aid. Betzi ordered fresh orange juice. A few minutes later, this breakfast sandwich was taken off the panini press and then sprinkled with powdered sugar. OMG






I should mention that Betzi's ability to speak Spanish helped us out more than once today!

After eating, we paid our bill ($21 total). Off we went to explore the neighborhood. One of the first shops we visited was a jewelry store--intrigued by the unusual items on display. My Credit Card got a bit of a workout in there! I bought myself some very unusual pieces AND found my sister a couple of presents I will put away for Christmas.

What follows are some pictures of the neighborhoods we walked through.




It was quite warm and we decided to stop at a fro-yo place for a dish of frosty, cold goodness! I got three flavors in my cup: Key Lime, Root Beer and Cherry. They were all yummy and refreshing.








I am so glad we stopped at that store because despite going into many, many other places; nothing came close to the 1st place we went. I took so many pictures of the interesting architecture. I was charmed by this area of the city and would love to come back one day and explore more of it.



I'll leave you with some shots from sail-away.....



 adios, my friends....


No comments:

Post a Comment