Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Day 6: St Lucia

 This morning was an early call, so I sent for room service and a banana to start my morning. I met up with the kids near the gang Way. We walked off the ship to a gorgeously sunny day. We did a ships tour because I wasn’t familiar with this port. we did a snorkeling trip. Once again today, the snorkeling was just MEH. It was however much better than yesterday. I have been trying to work with this camera in one of the dry packs and it keeps freezing or not registering a “tap”   Sigh



Leaving the port area on the Catamaran







D snorkeling

Heading back to the port.  We had no beach time because the current was too rough for the boat to land. So, we went on a seemingly endless trek all around the island.  The rum punch was flowing and there may have been something else in there.  I had 2 plastic cups of punch during the never-ending cruise along the post  Then one of the ship's mates was passing out cups of the stuff telling everyone to drink up. I had MAYBE 2 sips out of the cup before we got back to shore. 














Literally, all the people on the boat were like this.  We just wanted off the damn thing! And a note to all: I did confiscate K's man card for wearing those "shoes"!!



Back on shore finally-----we were walking back to the port area and I remember buying this cool woven palm frond basket and then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing----for at least 45 minutes.  All of a sudden I couldn't walk! Like I said----not that much rum punch, I swear to God.  Ended up needing assistance getting to the ship and getting aboard. OMG  They got me to my room where I was immediately extremely sick.  After that though, I drank a bunch of water and felt so much better.  

Of course, I am no longer a fan of St Lucia. LOL  







No comments:

Post a Comment