Search This Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Huahine 2nd Visit

 I know! I know! I am dreadfully late posting this. But after you hear the whole story, I think you'll understand!  

We woke up to cloudy/rainy skies this morning. Oh no! I was hoping the skies would clear as the sun shining down on the water makes everything come alive. But it was not meant to be.  Makes me regret even more forgetting my underwater camera last week when I was here. Oh well. 

We got off the ship and boarded a tender to the dock. Then we made our way immediately onto the tour boat.  It was the same Captain - Jean Pierre - except this time he had a "mate".  A lovely woman it appeared he was training. 

We rode the same route and under the bridge that separate Huahine from Huahine Iti (small).  And to the same fabulous snorkeling location. My new friends, Kathy and Mark, were on this trip because I just gushed about how great it was last week. 

Once again, the time passed in the blink of an eye. And this time I have photos to share with you! The water seems murky--due to the lack of sunshine I think!
















A huge area of Staghorn Coral. The tiny fish were all around it.



I love these fish. So beautiful and colorful. 

Clam like coral. It actually opens very slowly and I guess absorbs nutrients that way!

So much healthy coral. It was amazing!




Look closely! There a beautiful orange and black fish there!

More of the cool orange fishies!

Not a great picture--but the clam-like coral is gorgeous!


brain coral

another picture of the clam like coral!
I love these fish too! 


Well, you see I could post pictures for days, I have that many. AND now that I'm home, it doesn't take forever to upload a picture. It's almost instant!


After snorkeling, we went over to the private island again and spent time at the beach, in the soft rain. I found some interesting treasures for my collection!



And this is why I shouldn't wait to write a post---I honestly cannot remember what I did for the remainder of the day before dinner. I may have gone to the water sports platform or just chilled in a lounge chair.  Whatever I did, I know I enjoyed it! LOL

I do remember having some lunch and after that, not feeling all that great in my stomach.  Hmm. And the reason I remember that is because at dinner that night with Mark and Karen and another couple (their names escape me) my stomach was still feeling blah. So, I went with the crabcake starter as an entree and had soup and another starter.  I couldn't even enjoy the good wine Mark ordered.  Sigh. 

We had been hanging around this couple off and on all week and she stated she was an event planner. She and her husband lived in Hollywood. Well at dinner on that last night, it came out (her husband brought it up) that she was currently working on the set of some TV show and after more conversation, it turns out she KNOWs all these celebrities.  OMG The pictures she showed of her with all of these different people at award shows and private events. Karen and I just sat there with our mouths hanging open looking at these pictures.  

She was very down to earth and you would have never guessed who their friends are. But the biggest thing she impressed me with was her picture meeting and speaking to Barack at a fundraiser prior to him running for a second term at Gwyenth's house.  Yes, that Gwyeth.  Karen and I looked at each other, then back at the picture, then back at each other.   I honestly don't think she would have ever mentioned anything if not for her husband just casually mentioning something about one of their neighbors (another star).  

She had apparently gone to college somewhere in the East with all of these kids wanting to work in theater and Hollywood. But OMG   Very, very lovely couple--no airs about them at all. They flew home on United economy plus just like I did. 

So yeah, that was my last evening on the ship! Ending with great food and conversation! (And in case anyone cares, I did notice my stalker sitting alone that last night. Apparently the word had gotten out. 

And so, off to bed I went---my last night in that magnificent bed. (I don't think I've slept as well since) Rocking gently as the ship sailed to Papeete where I would be forced off the ship against my will. Sigh. 

I have one more post about the day room at the hotel in Papeete and the trip home. Then maybe a summary of things I loved and did not love!!!

it's good to be living my name once again. 
gypsy jilly!




No comments:

Post a Comment