Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2020

The Other New News

So, shelter in place is a phrase I never thought would apply to me. Funny how words or sayings that were new to us just a few weeks ago are now ingrained in our daily lexicon. Boggles the mind.

If all the maps and news briefs are correct, it looks like Florida's corona virus cases are going to explode soon  This does not surprise me at all. In addition to all the wealthy Northerners that have fled their homes to their second homes here, the fact that our governor is pretty useless setting any guidelines and locals didn't really get the message until they shut EVERYTHING down, we will hit the peak and probably surpass many states in infections and deaths.

Not a great message. But, I feel like it's true. Personally, I've been sheltering in place and saving a ton of money not eating or drinking in all my favorite establishments. But, it's not easy. Well, yeah it is for us introverts.  I have a friend here that is very much an extrovert. This is killing her. She 'feeds' on people to get her energy and she is extremely social--- and that's just not happening. I did meet her out back over the weekend where we sat six feet away from each other and drank and talked and looked at the stars. To me, the size of that 'gathering' was perfect. LOL  I have never understood the need to socialize and be out with a large group of people. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy getting together with four or five of my friends for an evening out, but afterward, I'm good for awhile.

All these people Zooming and Face-timing and streaming Netflix that now has chat capability and pause etc so your "group" can all be on the same page (I'm sure there are other ways to Remote Gather) I just don't get it. So many people don't have any idea how to be alone or just with their families.  I do Face Time and text my family and friends---I'm not that anti-social but I also don't feel the need to chat with them on a daily basis.

When I am alone, I recharge--being social is very draining. I'm totally serious about the saying "It's too people-y out there, do not recommend!"  This is another reason why I am so suited to working from home full time. The drama and interaction with people, in an office setting day after day after day was enough to make me take a mental health day once in awhile and also--my lifesaver---wear headphones all day, every day to drown out the yapping.

I do have contact with people during my work day. But it's pings on Skype or the phone. I can totally handle that. I will say that once in awhile, a co-worker-friend and I will have a non-work related chat and catch up on their life and life in general. I enjoy that.

So, what have I been doing to entertain myself? Well, as always I've read a ton of books. If you have Amazon Prime, take advantage of Prime Reading and Prime Music. Both are included with your Prime membership. I love not spending $13-$14 a pop for the latest best seller. If you belong to your local library, use their online service to check out E-books for a week or two at a time--also free! (although you wait a bit for newer books---but hey---free)  <-------your tax dollars at work!

I am also doing some painting. I find I need to move when the mood strikes me and get as much done as possible. So, the foyer and the accent wall in the living room are finished. I am going to brave Home Depot to get more paint and rollers and continue in the living room. Goal: to have the room painted by bedtime, Sunday night.

So what are some positive news stories I've read this week:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/tech/dyson-ventilators-coronavirus/index.html
The Dyson guy is making ventilators and will donate 15K of them, I think. Pretty awesome!

I saw these for sale:
If I had to pick one, I'd pick Rose. Everyone needs a little Betty and St.Olaf stories!  Get yours here:
https://www.delish.com/food-news/a31928956/the-golden-girls-tiki-mugs/?utm_campaign=socialflowFBDEL&utm_medium=social-media&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1keu2bGXsaA30U_9BCQD1sq6eCK_19f26Z0q1RVOH0bhZWuEb3BRNeGBQ

I also saw these things and now I think I need them.




















I used to have a hot tub back in the day................and I used it almost every night for years. It was the only place I could relax. And believe me, when my kids were teens, I desperately needed to relax. But that's another whole story....I digress.

I have been missing it lately and this one would fit on my lanai---barely. So, who knows....

I about peed my pants laughing when I listened to this guy. Super funny--the guy sounds just like him. https://twitter.com/i/status/1242515702688485376
Another link: https://god.dailydot.com/jl-cauvin-trump-impression/?fbclid=IwAR1JdVwRPI6IphgVts5nhxcxsplSQVT-3ijwc5zcLlwy4WW_FVVXPV5Dd-Y

This is just what we all need----------------My carb cravings continue..........
https://people.com/food/girl-scout-cookies-are-now-available-for-purchase-online-for-home-delivery/
OH yeah-----  What's your favorite? Mine is Thin Mints.

If this woman could live in a well for 3 years and never bathe, you can easily suck it up and stay in your comfy home..............http://powerfulmind.co/lockdown-whiners-slammed-by-holocaust-survivor-grandma-who-hid-3-years-in-a-well/?fbclid=IwAR0y-ueVTzKe2B7iQuCBepZ5VoziyZ7GeYb3QAlI2Xta1-4qTmW1MMOmCgs

And I'll close with some random facts for your amusement:
There are no mosquitoes in Iceland.
How long do you think the dashed lines on the road are?  Most people are way low when they guess.... the actual distance is 10 feet!


Be safe and take care............until next time....jilly


No comments:

Post a Comment