Search This Blog

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Time for a cool change.....

I'm in the process of baby steppin' my way closer to Florida! (I know, sometimes I can't believe it's actually starting to happen!)  I notified my landlord that I will be vacating the apartment at the end of this year.

So, once again, the packing begins! Although I do have way fewer possessions this time around, I do think another 'purge' is needed. My strategy this time around is to start packing boxes with the stuff I know I want, other things will go into a different set of boxes.

I'm thinking of doing this Tag Sale my brother told me about. Friends of his put prices on all the things they wanted to sell and on a specific date, opened their house for Cash and Carry sales. Although, if you know me, you also know I don't like people touching my stuff. LOL So, I'm sort of torn about what to do. If you can think of an alternative, post a comment!!

I just joined the Buy/Sell pages for the West Shore and I'm going to start by putting up photos of some stuff and see how that goes. I did not have the best luck when I tried to sell a bedroom suite on one of those pages--60 people posting that they want it and I said, first one to my home gets it. People were crazed and in the end, NO ONE bought it. I donated it to the ReStore. So we'll start baby steppin' into this resale thing.  I'll keep you posted.

Where am I going you may ask? Well, a few weeks ago I started asking around for a room to rent and a very surprising opportunity came up that I could not refuse! See this mind of mine kept going over and over expenses and quite honestly, maintaining 2 residences was seriously cramping my style--funds wise. I mean, I could afford both places, I just had to be on a strict budget. So that is why I started thinking about this renting a room thing---SAVINGS  and more disposable income--for what else? Travel, of course!!

And of course, this is the absolute perfect time to move---NOT. I am hoping the weather will cooperate because ladies and gentlemen, I am going to have a POD to load. I don't want to be hoicking my sofa outside during foul weather, nor do I want to have to shovel a path to load said sofa.

So what's the plan after that? Ummm... I really don't have one! I would love to keep my current job and just work 'remotely' but I feel pretty certain my current management would not allow that. But, I do know on the insurance side of the business, they do offer opportunities like that. So, I will be on the internal job boards looking for a job!

So another path, down another unknown road for this Gypsy. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was posting about that last road I turned onto:   Turn the Page

That's all for now! Enjoy the link to the music video below!
Your baby steppin' Gyspy!

Credit for the Title of This Post: Little River Band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bKwRW0l-Qk

No comments:

Post a Comment