Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2016

The Planning Never Stops

As I've just reported in the previous post, the Hawaiian Adventure ended very recently!  And as thrilled as I was with that experience, I've already started to research my next Adventure! No, I am not crazy.

There are many reasons why I plan way ahead of time for these trips. Money is one thing, normally the prices are at the lowest level and you have a better selection of cabins to choose from. And believe me when I tell you, not all cabins are created equal! Trust me on this.

Budgeting for a trip is the way I do things. And I've actually known for months where I would like to go and when. (That is not to say I won't take a few shorter trips in 2017, I most likely will and those are much more easily budgeted for) As things stand now, I will be going to Australia in 2018. I plan on touring Sydney for a few days prior to the cruise, and hopefully be able to meet up with some new friends I met last year on the Cruise around the Tahitian Islands. Then I will board a ship for a 10 or 12-night cruise to the islands somewhat near Austrailia. They have very intriguing names like Mystery Island, Mare and Vanuatu (which you may remember from Survivor!)

I haven't figured out how I am getting to and from Australia yet. I've been hoarding AA points though and I'm sure they will figure into this somehow. But, until I've researched every possibility, I can't say for sure!

Also, my new job does not come with quite as many vacation days, so in 2017 I will need to be careful and make sure I carry over some days until 2018.

Although not created yet, the 'spreadsheet' will be in use for this trip too. I've said it before but it is a great organizational tool and also works well for tracking your budget.

Right now, the Australian Dollar is quick weak again the US Dollar so I plan on depositing the cruise in the next month or so to take advantage of that if I decide to book Carnival. Booking an Austrailian Cruise through Carnival you must use the AU website. And it's really different from the US one. Princess is the other line I am looking at and their prices for the Austrailian cruises are in dollars.

UPDATE: The spreadsheet for this trip has been created! Only one tab so far! And I've nailed down a time of year and the ship. It's going to be late summer or early fall of 2018, God willing! The cruise line has not yet released those dates, so I've been looking at Hotels in Sydney. I need to know which hotel loyalty points I need to start amassing!

Honestly, I am not happy unless I am planning at least one trip!

Good Day!
Jilly

No comments:

Post a Comment