Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Vancouver Plans

I expect to arrive in Vancouver around noon and make my way to the Hotel. I am staying at a Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Downtown - fairly close to the cruise port. It is supposed to be in a fabulous area for shopping and restaurants. I was looking at the website the other day and discovered they also have some wonderful amenities!
A heated indoor pool as well as a Spa.

Spa? ding, ding, ding, ding ding!!!! What better way to be stress-free than to book a spa appointment.
I was expecting a super expensive list of services. Not so! And even better the exchange rate makes them even more affordable. This Gypsy loves luxury but at an affordable price!

I looked at the HOHO bus for Vancouver but none of the stops were doing much for me in the way of interest or would fit into my limited time. The one thing that does interest me is a Picasso exhibit at the Vancouver Art Gallery
http://www.vanartgallery.bc.ca/the_exhibitions/exhibit_picasso.html

I did find one place that I will probably check out, rain or shine: Granville Island. This looks like such a cool place, I am definitely not going to have enough time for a 'proper' visit, but would still like to go. There are some interesting pottery studios I want to check out.
http://granvilleisland.com/discover-island/visitors-guide

Not sure which one will win out.

I've also been checking out the restaurants within walking distance of my hotel. This place looks like it's going to be the winner!  But as always, subject to change if I hear of something better.
http://www.glowbalgroup.com/fish-shack/#menu-section
I'm anxious to try the seafood from the area. Especially the oysters and crabs!

I don't always like asking the concierge for a recommendation. I think sometimes they have a relationship with certain restaurants. What I do like to do is ask the people at the desk or the bellhop or even people in the coffee shops for a recommendation. If I hear a place more than once, I'll investigate via my friend, Mr. Google!

If anyone out there has any recommendations for a great seafood restaurant, I'd love to hear from you!

Well, that's all I'm going to leak about the trip for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment