Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Reality Sinks In or Home Again

I got home late yesterday afternoon feeling like I'd been run over by a truck instead of simply flying for a few hours. I always feel that way after I fly. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that your body is sitting still and the airplane is moving at 500 mph? I'm sure there is research on that somewhere--if only I had the energy to look it up!

Slept like the dead in my bed for a solid 10 hours! Unpacked the suitcase and did all the laundry and put everything away. I didn't make it to the grocery store--tomorrow is another day. And it's a work day at that. Sigh.......bye bye beach vibe!

I can honestly see why everything and everyone in the South move so slowly. It is so humid I think it just forces you to slow down. The last two days of vacation, we were actually thrilled that the ocean temperatures were not nearly as warm as previous days. The storms that moved through the area overnight on Wednesday and Thursday cooled things off a bit. I have never been in water that warm in my life.

I did love how you could walk waaaaaay out in the water and still be able to stand. Plus, the water is so much more calm than the Atlantic Ocean. Just gentle waves -- if there are any at all. And of course, the shells are just amazing. I was on a mission to find kitten paws and treasure chests and I found lots of them.

Food was very much on the back burner this trip. We had a full kitchen and we used it. We only ate out a few times--and even then we ended up splitting an entree. It was just too hot to eat much. We did use our food and drink credits at the resort. We enjoyed 1/2 price happy hour Pina Coladas more than once! So yummy and so full of booze, we were glad we didn't have to drive! We also had this one sandwich called a Cuban Skinny. A typical Cuban sandwich except it was made with shaved turkey instead of pork. OMG that was delicious.

I'm going to review this resort on Trip Advisor and plan to be honest about the good/bad and ugly. And unfortunately, there was some ugliness. It didn't impact us directly, but the resort handled things so inappropriately, I was very disgusted. I hope to get that review out there this week. I'll let you know.

I promise to add some photos to this post and the two previous ones.

All in all a great trip with great company and minimal sunburn!

And, of course, I remain ever grateful that I am able to travel and experience new things. Life is very, very good.






No comments:

Post a Comment