Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Just a Brief Update

I was going to post a 'year in review' sort of thing, but if you've been following along, you already know how my year has gone.

One thing I did not blog about was the loss of my beloved Dad. He was a pretty healthy man of 86 with a mind that was still sharp. He did however, have problems with his balance. And a fall ended up beginning the awful chain of events that eventually led to his death.

I will say, that he left this world on his terms, mind still sharp. The only good thing to come of this was that he was able to talk to all of us, and share his thoughts, hopes and dreams for us. Less than 12 hours after he spoke to the last person, he left this world at home, in his own bed, early in the morning, on November 11th, 2018

I truly believe his soul resides with all his loved ones that passed before him. He visits me in dreams now and again. I find that very comforting.

His led his life with honor, integrity & loyalty. A Dad that never shirked responsibility and worked very hard to provide his family with life's necessities. His example showed me how to live my own life.

While I am sad that he is gone, he will forever live on in my heart and mind. He will not be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment