Search This Blog

Sunday, September 10, 2017

The New Reality Sinks In

I had another blog post prepared full of witty, sometimes snarky comments about the Auto Train trip North. But after reading the new storm track information, I'm feeling neither witty nor snarky. I'm actually feeling scared and worried.

Yes, I know it's only 'stuff' and I have insurance but it's the 1st time I've ever experienced this. I imagine in years to come I will consider myself experienced at this whole hurricane thing--but now, I'm a scared newbie 1000+ miles away from my new home.

I will know more Monday night or Tuesday and expect another trip to FL will happen not long after that. But until then, please pray for the safety of all in the path of this hurricane and for those living on the islands already impacted.

jilly

2 comments:

  1. I sort of wish I was there Sam--my area is still in a non-evacuation zone. I think it's going to be so hard not knowing. Hopefully, I will get a text or call from the person that has my house key.
    You be safe as well.
    I just want to know what all these forecasters get paid for? How inaccurate can you be ? UGH

    ReplyDelete