Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

What to do?

Okay, I admit it, I am more than a little obsessed with travel. There are so many places I feel like I need to see that I have a hard time deciding what to do next. (I know real problems huh?)

These are the things I am thinking about for late 2017 or early 2018:
Flying to Sydney, Australia, touring a few days and maybe a 7-10 night cruise from there.
Flying to either Singapore or Hong Kong and then doing a cruise to Vietnam and Thailand
Flying to South Africa for 2 weeks, staying in Johannesburg and then doing a safari and Victoria Falls

What to do, what to do???

I guess I will have to create a spreadsheet! List all the pros and cons, and estimate the costs. Or maybe I will just put the choices in a hat and pick one!

I do know I need to start figuring out what I am going to do and see when I am in Hawaii later this year. So far, there are only a few things I know for certain I want to do:
Snorkel as much as possible.
Snorkel with turtles!
Take a helicopter ride somewhere
Visit Pearl Harbor
Drink some Kona coffee
Wear a lei
Chill on as many beaches as possible with a slushy drink in my hand.
Eat Hawaiian pineapple
See lava oozing over the land
Take thousands of pictures
Watch the sunset over the water

As for what I plan on doing for five sea days on the way to Hawaii:
Read
Sit on the promenade deck and stare at the ocean in a cushiony lounge chair (planning on spending countless hours doing this)
Read
Lounge by the pool.
Lounge in the Serenity area (aft) and watch the ship's wake
Read
Go to tea at least once
Take a nap on a comfy lounge chair
Read
Sleep soundly underneath a comfy, perfect weight duvet
Blog!
And possibly, read some more.
(Notice MAJOR lounging is planned!)

The ports we are stopping at are:
Hilo                10am-6pm
Kauai               9am-6pm
Maui                9am-11pm
Honolulu         8am   Disembark
Then I will be in Honolulu for 3 more nights

I guess I really am resurrecting the spreadsheet. There is a lot to keep track of.

So, if you've been to Hawaii or Vancouver, what is the one thing I have to see in each city???

No comments:

Post a Comment