Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2016

New Beginnings

So, I've been out of touch for a bit. What have I been doing you may ask....Well, I got a new job that I am enjoying very much. The people I work with and for have been wonderful. They really appreciate the work I am doing, how fast I am catching on to new tasks...... and they TELL ME that.
This is such a foreign concept to me. After almost 2 months there, I am sure I chose the right job.

I've also spent quite a bit of time repainting and 'sprucing' up the house. And, I've fired up my kiln again and I'm quite obsessed with making pottery right now. I am hoping to sell some of my work to local shops and then maybe set up an Etsy store. I'm still experimenting and trying to get the feel for the clay again. But I have created some pretty interesting pieces.

With regard to travel, I do have a few things planned and will have to add them to my travel list on the home page. The first thing up is a long weekend in Phoenix to visit my kids. I wanted to go out for my son's birthday last week but hotel prices were so crazy because of spring training, I decided to wait until April. Cannot wait to see my kids!

After that, I have a quick 4-night cruise in May. The ship is stopping in Key West and Cozumel. I plan on going snorkeling in Key West on the Fury and in Cozumel, just spent the day chilling at Nachi Cocum. More on that trip as it's happening--LIVE.

In July, I have a trip to Sanibel Island planned for the week of the 4th. I was there in December for a long weekend and decided I needed to go back as soon as possible. What a gorgeous place. And if you collect sea shells, you will just lose your mind there. I'm told the shelling is so great because the island lays east/west  whereas the coast of Florida is north/south. Once I cross that bridge to the island, I don't plan on leaving until it's time to go home!

Then, September is the 'big' trip. I'm flying to Seattle for a few days to visit with my cousins. Then the Amtrak Cascade to Vancouver for one night. And then the cruise to Hawaii!!! Five glorious sea days to cross the Pacific and then 5 nights of sailing around the islands, followed by 3 nights in Honolulu.

I'm baaaaaaaaack and living gypsy once again! Life is good!



2 comments:

  1. Yay! You're back! What great news about the new job. Sounds like things are coming together just like you so deserve!!

    ReplyDelete